Moving your local education authority-run school over to being an academy is a complex and demanding process. We understand the challenges you’ll face when transitioning over to academy status. And we have the financial experience and specialist expertise your school needs to make this change as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
Our team provide advise and guidance for schools seeking academy status, as well as helping existing academies to meet their compliance, accounts, auditing and EYOC Teacher’s Pension Scheme returns workload.
As an academy, your accounting processes need to be more robust, highly organised and able to meet the strict requirements of the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- A full review of your existing accounting system
- Direct advice on the improvements and changes needed to meet the ESFA’s accounting requirements
- Full accounting support throughout the academic year
- Preparation and submission of your statutory accounts
Every academy must have its accounts independently audited on an annual basis, in line with the guidance supplied by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- A comprehensive audit of your academy’s accounts
- Help with the completion of your Annual Accounts Return (AAR) and the audit of the AAR
- The assurance of knowing your accounts have been professionally checked and audited
The financial controls required of your academy are extremely stringent. As an academy, you must be able to prove that your 100% compliant with Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) guidance.
- A detailed review of compliance and governance processes
- Full reporting on your financial health and management
- An annual plan that ensures your charity is meeting its financial and legal requirements
EOYC Teachers’ Pensions
The running and the administration of the End of Year Certification Teachers Pension is a complex business. Academies must declare the pension amounts deducted from their employees as well as the amounts being paid by the academy in employer contributions.
- Your academy’s end of year declaration must be audited by a third party – we’re well positioned to provide this service
- Ensuring your academy is meeting the EOYC Teachers’ Pensions guidelines and requirements
Meet the Academies team
Our Academies team is incredibly proud to partner with so many local schools and academies. We provide a personal service that’s based on building a long-standing relationship with each school. It’s that level of understanding and personal service that allows us to deliver the best possible accounting services.
Call us anytime for a no-obligation chat.
We’ve been helping entrepreneurs manage their businesses and finances for well over a century!
Our Academies team are waiting to hear from you