If you fall within the business sectors asked to close as a result of the November “lockdown” and haven’t already claimed either the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) or the Additional Restrictions Grant, both administered by your local council, then you should apply as soon as possible. The list of potentially affected business types can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november?priority-taxon=09944b84-02ba-4742-a696-9e562fc9b29d#businesses-and-venues
For information on the grants, and to apply for either the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) or Additional Restrictions Grant please visit –
- Allerdale – https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/coronavirus/coronavirus-business-grants-claims/
- Barrow – https://www.barrowbc.gov.uk/coronavirus/local-restrictions-support-grant/
- Carlisle – https://www.carlisle.gov.uk/news-and-events/update-on-services-6
- Copeland – https://www.copeland.gov.uk/coronavirus-resources-business#:~:text=The%20Local%20Restrictions%20Support%20Grant,November%205%20and%20December%202.&text=A%20single%20grant%20to%20cover,paid%20to%20each%20eligible%20business
- Eden – https://www.eden.gov.uk/your-council/news/media-releases/eden-district-councils-business-support-grants-17-november-update/
- South Lakeland – https://www.southlakeland.gov.uk/business-and-trade/business-support-coronavirus-covid-19/
Additionally, Barrow In Furness had additional restrictions from 17th October, and so an extra grant may be claimable for any business in the Barrow In Furness area – please see https://www.barrowbc.gov.uk/coronavirus/local-restrictions-support-grant/local-restrictions-support-grant-open/ if this is appropriate to your business.
Staff at each council should be able to help you with any queries you may have when considering claiming any grants.
If you know anyone who may benefit from our newsletters and updates, please feel free to forward this email or ask them contact us to opt in to our mailing list.