From 31 May 2023, VAT registered businesses can set up a payment plan online if they owe less than £20,000 of VAT.
An eligible VAT registered business can set up a VAT payment plan online if it:
- has filed its latest VAT return;
- owes £20,000 or less;
- is within 28 days of the payment deadline;
- does not have any other payment plans or debts with HMRC; and
- plans to pay off its debt within the next six months.
Businesses are not eligible to use the online service if:
- they use VAT cash accounting or annual accounting schemes;
- they make VAT payments on account
If businesses need to agree a payment plan and they are not eligible to use the self-serve time to pay service, they should contact HMRC.
If you know anyone who may benefit from our newsletters and updates, please feel free to forward this blog or ask them to opt in to our mailing list.