HMRC have announced scheduled maintenance to their Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT service from Saturday 21st September at 10.15 until Monday 23rd September at 16:00.
During these times the MTD service for VAT will be closed and customers and their agents will be unable to:
- Sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT,
- Create an Agent services account (although all other Agent services will be available),
- Submit VAT returns,
- View previous submissions and payment details,
- Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits,
- Review and update any business details,
- Access the Business Tax Account to view or change details.
Further details can be found on the VAT and ITSA service availability pages:
- VAT – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues
- ITSA – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/use-software-to-send-income-tax-updates-service-availability-and-issues/use-software-to-send-income-tax-updates-service-availability-and-issues‘