Guidance has been published on the new eat out to help out scheme announced by the Chancellor last week. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/get-more-information-about-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme/get-more-information-about-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme for more information and details on how the scheme will operate.
This scheme is intended to encourage diners to eat out during the month of August. It offers discount of 50% (restricted to a maximum of £10 per person) to diners on food and non-alcoholic drinks every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout August. The scheme is available to establishments that sell food for immediate consumption on the premises and provide its own dining area (or shared dining area with another establishment) for eat-in meals. You must have been registered with the relevant local authority as a food business before the 7 July (i.e. before the scheme was announced).
Business activities that do not qualify are takeaways, private function catering, hotel room service and mobile food vans.
You can now register for the scheme at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme. To register you will need the following information to hand:
- the Government Gateway ID and password for your business (if you do not have one, you can create one when you register)
- the name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25
- the UK bank account number and sort code for the business (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- the address on your bank account for the business (this is the address on your bank statements)
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- employer PAYE scheme reference number (if applicable)
- Corporation Tax or Self-Assessment unique taxpayer reference
Businesses will be able to make claims from 7 August 2020, with payments being made within 5 working days on eligible claims.
If you have any questions give us a call.