Cumbria Tourism has teamed up with Electricity North West is looking to work with a number of smaller hotels and guest houses who would like to provide Electric Vehicle (EV) charging for their visitors. You do not need to be a member of Cumbria Tourism to take part in the scheme.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Sunday 31 July 2022.
The new scheme will support and fund power network upgrades for up to 100 sites.
To be eligible you must
- Be classed as a sole trader, micro business or SME
- Be the landowner or have express permission from the landowner for the works.
- Be in a location where a driver can spend three or more hours.
- Have secure off-road parking where space can be allocated for EV parking and an EV charging point exclusively for visitors
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and testing the charging unit – or subcontract to a reputable contractor
- Install within 28 days of the supply-side infrastructure going live
- Be able to commission and pay a qualified installer to connect the unit to your electricity supply
For further details visit here.