Saint & Co Chartered Accountants are looking to hire a personal tax trainee to join our dedicated tax team in our Carlisle office.
Saint & Co are a well-respected firm, and we pride ourselves on being a diverse accountancy firm that can personalise our services to all sectors of the community. Our offices are based across Cumbria and South West Scotland with clients worldwide. This is a great chance to join a growing and dynamic business.
This job is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in accountancy and taxation. For the right candidate full training towards the ATT qualification will be provided. This position would suit those with no experience or those wishing to build on their existing knowledge. The position has genuine opportunities for career development and excellent exposure to a wide variety of tax work including:
- Prepare personal tax returns.
- Liaising with clients about their tax affairs, face to face, over the phone, by letters and email.
- Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs to discuss client’s tax affairs.
- Assisting with monitoring reports which track the progress of meeting clients tax filing deadlines and various administration tasks as required.
- Attend training courses as required.
Our key requirements are:
- You should have Grade B or above (or for exams post 2017 – Grade 6) in GCSE English and maths (Or equivalent)
- You should be comfortable with technology
- You should have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You should be able to take ownership of assigned tasks, organise and prioritise your workloads.
- You should be able to produce accurate and timely work.
- You should be able to work well as part of a team, demonstrate drive and commitment to your self-development.
- We expect you to be professional in your attitude, have respect for individuals and ethical in your conduct.
Saint & Co are offering a competitive salary, including flexi time arrangements, payment of relevant employer pension contributions more than the minimum requirements and relevant subscription fees.
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
To apply, please email your CV to Pauline Jackson (email@example.com) by 2 October 2022