Due to retirement Saint & Co Chartered Accountants are looking to hire an experienced Tax Senior with a practice background to join our dedicated tax team in the Carlisle office.
Saint & Co are a well-respected firm and we pride ourselves on being a diverse accountancy firm that can personalise our services to all sectors of the community. Our offices are based across Cumbria and South West Scotland with clients worldwide. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business.
This position is a senior role, with genuine responsibility and opportunities for career development and will involve you dealing with a wide range of work including:
- Being a point of contact for partners and clients.
- Completing high level tax work including the preparation and review of tax returns for high-net-worth individuals, partnerships, trusts and estates as well as reviewing work completed by junior members of staff.
- Managing tax issues on behalf of a wide range of clients.
- Provide advice to clients on the best way of making tax savings as well as preparing high quality professional tax reports for review by partners.
- Review and monitor changes in legislation; to support clients, answer technical queries, identifying issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately and support marketing with technical content creation.
There will be opportunities for the right candidate to develop the role further.
Our key requirements are:
- You must have at least 2-3 years of experience within an accountancy practice in a tax focused role.
- You should be qualified by experience and/or have an accounting qualification e.g. ATT, ACA or ACCA.
- Ideally you will also hold or be working towards CTA, however for the right candidate there would be the opportunity to complete this with us if not currently held.
- You must have enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn about various areas of tax.
- You should have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You should be able to build and sustain effective relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- You should be able to manage your time effectively across various client projects.
Saint & Co are offering a competitive salary, including flexi time arrangements, payment of relevant employer pension contributions more than the minimum requirements and relevant subscription fees.
- Company pension
- Flexible hours and days to suit candidate
- 25 days holiday initially increasing up to 30
- 9 days bank holidays
- Up to 5 days flexitime as days off
- Paid overtime / time off in lieu if extra hours are worked
- Competitive salary and pension with annual increases
To apply please send your CV to Jane MacLachlan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday 31 January 2023.